The Rinnai Metal Recess Box enables an external continuous flow gas water heater to be recessed (either fully or semi recessed) into an external wall, behind a door and out of sight.
- Folded galvanised steel, powder coated white. The recess box is supplied in white and can be easily customised to complement the house exterior by the owner or installer.
- New construction or major renovation. Installation needs to commence during the framing stage, before internal linings, claddings or building wrap are applied.
Please select the correct recess box model for your water heater:
- R1405 recess box, suitable for the following Rinnai INFINITY external gas continuous flow water heaters:
- R1407 recess box, suitable for the following Rinnai INFINITY external gas continuous flow water heaters:
A Rinnai INFINITY unit inside a recess box operates at a slightly louder level than a Rinnai INFINITY installed on an outside wall. Please bear this in mind when positioning near a bedroom as the operating noise could affect some people.
- R1405 Height: 944 mm, depth 205 mm, width 417 mm
- R1407 Height: 944 mm, depth 270 mm, width 514 mm
Building code compliance
Local authorities may have their own additional requirements regarding this type of installation. If in doubt over compliance with building codes, it is advisable they are consulted prior to installation.