This revolutionary hot water cylinder learns a households behaviour and only heats what's needed, saving you on water heating!
What is it?
The way that a traditional electric hot water cylinder works means that you are paying to heat all of the water in your cylinder 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. The Rinnai Smart Cylinder™ has a smart thermostat which learns the pattern of hot water use of your house, and then only heats the water when it knows it's going to be needed, typically saving up to 10% on water heating costs*.
It's easy to use too with an LCD control pad, simply set and forget.
How it works
The smart cylinder has three modes that can be selected using the control pad; IQ mode (smart learning mode), manual mode, and vacation mode.
- iQ MODE - SMART
Set, forget and save. When in this mode the Rinnai Smart Cylinder™ will learn one week of your households hot water usage behaviour. After the first week the Rinnai Smart Cylinder™ will apply the savings algorithm and only heat water in the cylinder when it knows it will be needed.
The Rinnai Smart Cylinder™ will constantly monitor the household water usage and update the saving algorithm continuously, ensuring that it is only ever heating water to meet demand.
- VACATION MODE
In vacation mode the Rinnai Smart Cylinder will keep the water at a minimum temperature (6°C) to save power. This will also prevent the water from freezing in colder areas. Select the number of days you will be away for and the Rinnai Smart Cylinder will handle the rest. After the specified time it will automatically revert to the last mode you had it on meaning you can have a hot shower as soon as you get in the door!
- MANUAL MODE
When in this mode the Rinnai Smart Cylinder™will operate as a traditional electric storage cylinder, ideal for when guests arrive.
- Residential indoor water heating applications—mains and low pressure systems.
- A Smart cylinder is ideal for households that have a regular pattern of hot water use, as consistency is key. Also there is some interaction needed with the Smart controller, which is mounted on the cylinder. Easy access to the cylinder and controller is important.
- Not suitable as a pool or spa heater, or for connection to an open loop solar or hot water heat pump system.
Rinnai cylinders are manufactured to suit most New Zealand council water supplies. However some water supplies can have a detrimental effect on the water heater, its operation and life expectancy.
Water supplies with a high level of calcium carbonate (hard water) can cause scaling on hot surfaces. We recommend a water temperature of no more than 65 °C to minimise scale build-up. Scale reducing or water softening devices should be considered in hard water areas. The unit is not guaranteed against damage due to scaling.
Mains pressure enamel - Rinnai Smart Cylinder™(135, 180, 250 L)
- Option of iQ mode—simply set and forget to typically save up to 10%* on your water heating bill!
- High grade enamel lined tank
- Indoor cylinder
- Curved element design ensure you are heating 98% of water
- Cylinder protected by a full length high performance anode
- MEPS compliant
- 7 year warranty
- Also available in:
- Low-Medium Pressure Stainless Steel
- Mains Pressure Stainless Steel
*Typically saves up to 10% on your running costs in comparison to a standard electric hot water cylinder