The Upwards Flue Diverter is an accessory that can be fitted to an external Rinnai continuous flow water heater. It is designed to expel combustion products in a upwards direction. The flue diverter is fitted with screws to the flue terminal.
- Noise reduction, in particular with larger INFINITY models where the unit is positioned close to a neighbouring property.
- Where there may be an obstruction such as a tree, fence, wall or other structure, that even though the INFINITY is installed with the required clearances, will perform more efficiently if the flue gases are cleared upwards and away from the obstruction.
- Where there are multiple units installed that are positioned facing each other there is potential for the units to suffocate from the flue gases of the unit directly opposite. With an upwards flue diverter the flue gases can be expelled upwards and away from the units.
- Externally mounted Rinnai INFINITY continuous flow water heaters NOT installed in a recess box
- Balconies, patios or other enclosed areas where products of combustion can be rapidly dispersed into the open-air
- Model selection is based on the INFINITY unit.
Important: The flue diverter MUST remain as a permanent fixture as removal could mean the water heater position no longer complies with AS/NZS 5601.1.