The Sideways Flue Diverter is an accessory that can be fitted to an external Rinnai continuous flow water heater. It is designed to expel combustion products in a sideways direction. The flue diverter is fitted with screws to the flue terminal.
- Noise reduction, in particular with larger INFINITY models where the unit is positioned close to a neighbouring property.
- Where there may be an obstruction such as a tree, fence, wall or other structure, that even though an INFINITY is installed with the required clearances, will perform more efficiently if the flue gases are cleared away from the obstruction.
- Where clearance to an openable window or other building structure is tight, the clearance shifts to the point of discharge (close to the edge of the water heater case).
- Externally mounted Rinnai INFINITY continuous flow water heaters NOT installed in a recess box
- External SINGLE water heater applications only (can be installed for left and right handed installations)
- Balconies, patios or other enclosed areas where products of combustion can be rapidly dispersed into the open-air
- Model selection is based on the INFINITY unit.
Important: The flue diverter MUST remain as a permanent fixture as removal could mean the water heater position no longer complies with AS/NZS 5601.1.